Friday, December 20, 2013

SUAREZ: MY FUTURE IS SECURE WITH LIVERPOOL

Striker Luis Suarez has ensured there will be no January repeat of the transfer wrangling that dogged him in the close season by signing a new long-term contract with Liverpool, the Premier League club said on Friday.
Suarez, who has scored 17 goals in a blistering start to the campaign, thanked fans and cited their support since he
returned to action following a 10-game ban for biting as a key factor in his decision.
"I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term," the Uruguayan, who was named captain for the 5-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur last weekend, said on the club website (www.liverpoolfc.com).
"Without doubt the backing I have received from the Liverpool fans has influenced my decision. I am so proud to represent them and go out to do my best for them every time I pull on the shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment