Saturday, January 4, 2014

Jesse Jagz am at War with Chocolate city Not MI

Jesse Jagz spent five years at Chocolate City. I got there in 2007 and left officially in 2012. Chocolate City is not my company. I had put in so much work in my new album and felt it was time for me to do things for myself. It was not a spur of the moment decision; it was something I had thought about over time. The reason why I probably did not tell anybody was because sometimes, family might be
more concerned about you taking business risks. The day I took the decision, I did not tell anyone including my brother, MI. I produced about four albums for Chocolate City. I don’t owe them anything and I don’t know where the news that my contract had not run out came from.

I saw MI last week  and at my show I said, ‘MI I love you but I am at war with Chocolate City.’ I said this so that people can understand certain things. Yes, he is my brother but as an executive of that label, he must own up to other people and be the same thing applies to me. What if he was not my brother? I would still have to do what I did. We are not shooting Missiles at each other, it’s just business.
"culled from Punch"

No comments:

Post a Comment