Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pres Jonathan begins Southwest Secret Political Campaign


The first point of call by the President was the Palace of the Ooni where on arrival, he was received by the Oba and his Council of Chiefs. After a brief reception the President and the Oba held the closed door meeting the details of which was not disclosed to the media. Shortly after the meeting a PDP chieftain in the State, Sen. Iyiola Omisore told correspondents that the visit should not be misconceived to be a political campaign.

Omisore said such meetings were a laudable act by the President who believed in “involving people in the act of governance”. On arrival in Oyo, the Alaafin and the President went to closed door meeting which lasted for over 20 minutes.
Addresing the King in Council, after the meeting, the President said he was surprised to see the crowd who came out to receive him because his visit was scheduled to be strictly, private.
“My coming here, I was not even meant to be seen in camera, but it is so difficult to hide because a golden fish has no hiding place. “If you are a president, a governor of a state or a king, wherever you go, people must see you.
“I will not make any formal statement but, let me really thank all of you, the people of this great state for the massive sipport you have been supporting the government. The President clarified that he did not come to the Palace to campaign but to thank the people of the state for the support given to his administration.
“For me especially, I have to be grateful to you, not just people from Oyo state alone but accross the South west. “I remember what happened during the 2011 elections, thou I do not want to go there now before people start to say I have come to campaign. “You supported us irrespective of political differences; I believe that we also should reciprocate in one way or the other.
 "nationalmirror"

No comments:

Post a Comment