Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jonathan failed himself not generation-Fashola

 
The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Tuesday said President Goodluck Jonathan’s comment that his generation had failed Nigerians was personal to him.
He told the President to accept responsibility for his failure to address the challenges confronting the nation.
Fashola spoke at a town hall meeting organised by the State Ministry of Transportation which had transport unions, including the National Union of Road Transport Workers’ in attendance.
ADVERTISEMENT
The governor said the president should summon courage and own up to his government’s failures
Jonathan failed himself not the generation-in the last six years rather than point accusing fingers to past leaders.
He said, “He (Jonathan) said his generation has failed; he should account for himself. I refuse to be part of the generation the President is referring to.
“He is in his 50s, I am also in my 50s. But I don’t want to join that generation because my own generation has not failed; I have done well on my job and I am proud to say so. If he has failed, let him account for himself, he should not include us.

No comments:

Post a Comment