Sunday, May 10, 2015

Open University Student Treks from Aba to Nsukka to honour Enugu Gov Elect- Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi

 
#NaijaTrekkers I guess that's the only slogan one can attach to the just concluded 2015 General election,
 Another man has joined the trekking trend. This time, a 200-level student of the National Open University of Nigeria,Joseph Iyoke,  trekked from Aba to Nsukka to honour the Enugu State Governor-elect, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.


According to NAN, Iyoke,  told newsmen on Saturday in Nsukka, that he took off for the journey from CMS road in Aba on May 4, at about 4: 30 a.m.He said
“I did it to honour the governor elect of Enugu State; we have been waiting who will become governor of Enugu State from Nsukka for long time.
I started on Monday at 4:30 a.m.; it is joyful journey I took, it is full of joy. I was not told by nobody to embark on this journey. If I have been told by anybody, I could have withdrawn because it is full of stress. I did it to know the governor-elect.
“There are no good roads and electricity in Nsukka; only the people from Nsukka know the needs of Nsukka people. Nsukka people have been marginalised for a very long; I am happy that Nsukka man has been elected governor of Enugu State. This small signpost on my hand were many when I started this long trekking, I dropped many of them along the roads I passed. At night, I look for where to sleep in order to continue the journey by 4:30 a.m. the next day.”
Receiving the trekker on arrival in Nsukka, Paschal Ugwu, Director-General, Youth to Youth Campaign for the governor-elect, said that what Iyoke did was a landmark achievement as well as and his own best way to celebrate the governor-elect.
“It is not an easy task; it shows the governor-elect as man of the people. At the appropriate time, he will be taken to the governor-elect for special hand shake, as Ugwuanyi has been informed of what Iyoke did to honour him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment